Re: [Shop-talk] GPS Systems

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GPS Systems
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:30:40 -0500
With Google maps you can just drag the route shown to the road you
want to take.  The new traffic feature is pretty cool too.  As for
GPS systems, I'm not much help.  As John said, I think Garmin and Tom
Tom both make decent stuff.  I would just go to their websites and
try to find one of those comparison charts or feature lists.  Then
try to decide features vs. cost.  As for your requirement of running
on a battery, all the ones I've seen can do that, but the question
is, for how long?  I don't think they really intended them to be
navigating all day on the battery.  You can get 12V negative ground
out of pretty much any vehicle with a battery, if you're willing to
get an appropriate converter/adapter.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net