[Shop-talk] Electronic connector question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Electronic connector question
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:26:05 -0400
OK, I have a working Raytheon R10 Marine radar unit that I want to sell
(cheap.)

The problem is, the idiot that removed it from the boat cut, the inter-unit
cable (the cable from the from the radar to the display.)

So I wanted to reconnect the wire to the connector before listing it for
sale.  (It's a 16 pin, waterproof screw on connector)

It my understanding how these connectors work is that you open the connect
up an expose the individual wires.  Then you cut the wire from the
individual female pin connector's backside.  Then there is a tool (that is
like a small metal straw) that you place over the connector and it pulls
out.  Then you can slide another connector in the hole.

The problem is, the only markings on the connect are "JAE" and "25-16."
Searching the web yields no clues on where to get the proper size "straw"
tool or where to get new female pin connectors.  I've done this before with
police siren connectors and I still have the tool, but it's too big for
this connector.

So, how or where do I find these pieces?  TIA.

(BTW, If anyone is interested in the radar unit, make me an offer.)

Moose
bBe as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.b Ralph
Waldo Emerson