[Shop-talk] Harbor Frieght Tire changer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Harbor Frieght Tire changer
From: ROBERT LANE <robolane@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:26:39 -0700 (PDT)
I have one and have changed several tires & some went pretty smooth and others
a real problem.  The problem tires were old tires with spongy sidewalls.  The
spongy walls collapsed causing the bead breaker lip to roll off the bead.  The
wheels also were pretty rusty in the bead area. I think that by fastening the
wheel against the center post the breaker lip might be bite to get between the
bead and the wheel.  But like I said the tires were old junk tires.  I have
also beefed up the breaker swing arms to handle more abuse.  Hope this helps.
CATCH YOU LATER,     ROBO