Re: [Shop-talk] Electronic connector question

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electronic connector question
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:18:08 -0400
When I was a grad student in East Lansing, there was a place called
"Fulton Radio Supply" in Lansing that I'd go to whenever I needed a
really obscure electronics bit.  It was the sort of place that had a
huge selection and people behind the counter that knew what they were
talking about.

Try to find a place like that around you.  Assuming the connector is
reusable, you could probably take the wire and the connector and leave
with them together for a reasonable price.  And if the connectors are
one time use, they'd be the place to go to source another.

The hard part is finding a place like that.  They always seem to be a
hole in the wall in a nasty part of town.

You said the cable is cut.  Is there a reason you can't splice the
wires back together with heat-shrink on each conductor and then on the
outer cable as well so that it is water-tight?

-Paul