Re: [Shop-talk] pressure reducing valve

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pressure reducing valve
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:19:09 +0000 (UTC)
it's downstream of the tank, between the tank and the house input. it's a
pressure reducing valve. I have a picture and I can post it to a sharing site,
I guess, but it just looks like the bell-shaped jobby you see on the combo
meter/prv on a municipal water system. googling them lists that they're
mandated on municipal systems (with higher main pressures, no doubt). my tank
pressure shouldn't ever get higher than 70 p.s.i. I suspect the original
installer was just going belt-and-suspenders.

the one I just bought says it's for air and water systems.

I don't remember one on the old house (also with a well), and I was wondering
if I needed to replace it at all, or can I just plumb a straight line where it
was and let the tank pressure just go into the house.

or in this case do I just know enough to be dangerous and I should replace it?