Re: [Shop-talk] pressure reducing valve

To: scott.hall@comcast.net, Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pressure reducing valve
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:49:18 -0400
I have a well.  There is a check valve between the well and pressure
tank.  This is a tank with air above a bladder or diaphragm that
compresses as the tank  fills with water.  Is this what you mean by a
cistern tank?  Anyway, I have a check valve before that tank that
prevents flow back into the well.  Then after the tank there is a
pressure relief valve that will allow water to escape if the pressure
goes over a safe threshold.  None of this does any pressure reducing
in routine operation.  A control switch turns the pump on when the
tank has 40 pounds of pressure, and off when the tank has 60 pounds
of pressure.  Perhaps you have a different type of system?

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net