Re: [Shop-talk] pvc unions?

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pvc unions?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:34:55 -0400
At 02:40 PM 6/2/2008 +0000, scott.hall@comcast.net wrote:
>I need to disassemble some pvc tubing on a swimming pool filter system.
right now the tubing is permanently plumbed to the filter.  when I cut the
lines to remove the filter, I'd like to be able to install something that
will let me disconnect the filter again for service later without cutting
the pipe.  I was thinking something like what you connect a p-trap with,
only larger, but I don't see anything like that.

>does anyone know of such fittings?  I cruised the big box stores and
didn't see anything--only repair sleeves for gluing.  it's about 2-inch pvc
tubing, for what it's worth.

Scott,

Someone mentioned a radiator hose.  Actually they make hose
type fittings for just such things.  I've had to cut the main drain
from the kitchen (clogged drain) and repaired it with one of the
rubber hose type joints.  Also did a bathroom drain the same way.

I don't remember what they are called, but if you go to the plumbing
section of most hardware stores and ask, they'll be able to show them
to you.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229