Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:13:38 -0700
 No the Perfect Park is not anchored. I even purchased the caster option
for it which I found out later was a good idea.  In my town a lift
anchored to the floor is commercial equipment and I would need a permit
which I could not get for a residential area, with the casters available
(not even installed, just available) its homeowner equipment and no
permit is needed.  I only found this out 2 years later when the
inspector was over to sign off on a  house remodel that we did, he was
looking over my cars and just mentioned that I should keep the casters
handy.   I have used the casters they work quite well, I can take it out
on a sunny day and work in the driveway (with a few mods to the garage
door header to get an extra 1.5").

    The Singer has 3 drip pans, it is British after all but it found a
entirely new place to leak oil from and missed the litter box.

    mike