Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands

To: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:32:40 -0700
Wait, wait...don't get mad at me !!! I know that it was the fault of the
staff and not the lift, I was considering a Elise at the time and I know
it was not the lifts fault. I was agreeing with Marc that the lift could
be dangerous IF proper common sense was not followed, not that there was
anything wrong with the lift.  That lift was a mid-rise Bend-Pak the
exact same lift that at the same time my Dino was on and that 2 of my
friends Elise's had been on a few times already.   The Elise is the same
configuration of the Ferrari Dino so I was a little concerned when the
motor came out that it would unbalanced and fall off the front, it did
not (maybe I am not a idiot at some tire shop).  Also my FIAT Dino
(front engine) has been on that lift often, I think the lifts are safe
but they could be dangerous without common sense.

    mike