Re: [Shop-talk] resistance (tong type) spot welders

To: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] resistance (tong type) spot welders
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 23:13:57 -0700
  no thanks for a wide variety of reasons.  I think the first one is
there is no one in town that I know would/could do this (Santa Barbara),
I would have to take the car to Los Angeles or like that to find someone
and I don't know how I would even find them.  Its not a Ford or Chevy
that just about anyone could work on and know what they are doing.
Although I readily and quickly admit that its just a firewall and a pro
will do a better looking job and most likely a better job overall as
well, it won't be just the way I want it, warts and all but it would be
better.  I just don't know who I would trust do the job.

 Long story short, a good friend had a destroyed by a well meaning
mechanic who assumed since he could put together a Ford he could put
together a Ferrari motor, he charged a lot and within 2 months the owner
had to take his Dino to someone else and pay all over.  I learned my
lesson, if its not a Ford or Chevy its not common enough for the average
person to know about it.  I have been helping a professional restoration
shop with advice/information on a 33 Singer and its shocking how little
they know and how much they are charging the owner (they are in another
state so I can't take my car there).

  Second reason is I get to buy tools :)

 And lastly, I get to say I did it myself when I am finished.

    Mike (looking forward to learning how to do this stuff)