Re: [Shop-talk] resistance (tong type) spot welders

To: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] resistance (tong type) spot welders
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:56:02 -0700
 Eric,

 Perfect, thank you for the response, its what I was hoping for.  I was
hoping someone here had actually used the HF one, sounds like it will
work good enough for me.

 I am in Santa Barbara, Calif. and thanks for the offer of the loan, bet
that once I get all the sheet metal bent and in place I only need the
welder for 3 or 4 days but you are right, shipping it will cost more
than buying one and having it for other uses in the future.

  Oh and since I was asked why don't I buy the firewall and floor panels
with the quote "since they are made for most cars".  I am putting
together a 1934 Singer Le Mans, you don't call too many people and buy
those parts.  The original firewall was a mixture of wood and aluminum
and the trans tunnel was made of "I sure don't know", the floor is just
plywood.  I don't have most of those parts so I am building a proper
firewall with no flammable wood and then a nice trans tunnel, I will
still use plywood for the floors.  I had hoped to get to the UK this
year for Singer national so I could take LOTS of pics since I have not
seen another one of these here in the U.S. but I wont get there this
year and don't want to wait anymore, so I will guess it best as I can
and no one in the U.S. will know its wrong anyway (this list excepted of
course).

    mike