Re: [Shop-talk] erratic fuel gauge and a legitimate shop talk

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] erratic fuel gauge and a legitimate shop talk
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 02:38:38 -0500
This is a boom-type lift and the boom was a little too vertical to
"tight-rope" walk on - or even sit and scoot - about 60 degrees or so
from vertical.  And I didn't relish trying to shimmy down the tree
either.  It was dead and rotting and when I'd shake the top, it would
make all kinds of sad cracky noises....

At 2/25/2008 at 20:44, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Jim Franklin's
keyboard and said:
>Same deal except that I had left the choke on. I was aware of the
>self-lowering feature, but a bug in the design (IMO) lowers all 3
>arms at once, instead of in order, (or ideally, selectably from the
>bucket) so the bucket hit the roof before it could move horizontally
>enough to clear the roof. I had to climb into a window, something
>that would have been far easier before I tried loweing the bucket.

Cheers!