Re: [Shop-talk] Repair underground conduit

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>,Steven Trovato
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Repair underground conduit
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:32:18 -0800
At 09:41 AM  2/25/2008, Doug Braun wrote:
>I have seen conduits that carry
>telco or power company lines under a street from one
>pole to another, with floodwater pouring in one end
>and pouring out the other.

That's the way mine is.  I have underground feed from the power pole
in the street.  My driveway is about 900 feet long, and as long as we
have been here there has always been a steady flow of water out of
the transformer area in the winter.  I finally put in a yard drain to
drain it away from the transformer and yard.  One of these days I
expect an explosion somewhere along the driveway... or the
transformer.  fortunately everything upstream of the transformer
belongs to the utility.

Dave C