Re: [Shop-talk] erratic fuel gauge and a legitimate shop talk

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] erratic fuel gauge and a legitimate shop talk
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:58:47 -0500
>Any ideas? What would you do if you found yourself immobilized while
under a
>car in your shop? What precautions do you take while working alone in the
>shop?

I'll do you one better.  I was in one of my back fields and my dozer track
came loose.  I was putting it back on the pulley when my gloved hand got
caught between the track and pulley.  I was about 200m from my house (but
I lived alone back then.)  To make matters worst, the tractor was idling
and I could reach the kill switch to shut it off.

If I wasn't able to work my hand out, I guess it would have been a few day
before anyone found me.

Moose

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos