Re: [Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:09:29 -0500
On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 10:24:13AM -0600, Mullen, Tim wrote:
> I've also got a couple of Battery MINDers and they work very well.  They are
> similar to the Battery Tender Jr., but the Battery MINDer does the
> desulphation thing.  It sees to greatly extend the life of the battery.

I'm almost embarassed to admit I don't have a general-purpose charger
though getting one has been on my TODO list for a while now.  I've
thought about getting one with a desulfator feature like a Battery
MINDer (could be useful if I ever have to condition any of the UPS
batteries I have around the house).

What features should one look for in a general-purpose charger?

Jimmie