Re: [Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers
From: "Chadwick E. Labno" <chad@linuxeg.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:02:39 -0500
Don't know if this is the correct thing to do but I have a
Schumacher Charger/Maintainer on a Optima Blue Top
for around 2 years and it still passes a load test - using
a Harbor Freight 500A tester. The tester pulls 450 Amps
(1/2 CCA) for 15 seconds with the voltage staying above
10 volts - during the test voltage drops to around 11.3V
and the tester gets HOT! Remove the load and the voltage
raises to 12.9 - this is without the Maintainer/Chager connected.
chad