Re: [Shop-talk] Automatic transmission rebuild

To: <shochschild@att.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Automatic transmission rebuild
From: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:25:32 -0600
The fluid and filter were done by my Ford dealer about 3 weeks before it
started acting up.  I hadn't considered adjusting the bands or the linkage,
but that seems worth a shot.  A torque converter is something I was planning
on anyway.

As for the jack, bench, pullers, etc. some I have and some I'll need to rent
or perhaps buy.  That will depend on if they are general tools I can use
again, or specific to this task.

You're correct that $1000 might not be bad in the long run.  I just have to
find it somewhere.

Thanks for the input.

Bill