Re: [Shop-talk] Question on Dryway sanding / cleanup

To: "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Question on Dryway sanding / cleanup
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:32:27 -0600
Anything that will stiffen the fuzz enough will then allow you to quickly
sand the walls down with a pole sander and drywall screen.  I use BIN 1-2-3
as a primer on everything around here (well, not cars or airplanes) and it
dries fast and pretty hard.  I've had similar problems and fixed them with
that.  If it's not enough, use regular wall paint and a heavy-nap roller,
barrel on lots of paint, and then sand the next day.  Should fix it right
up.

Could the fuzz be from the drywall guy sanding the paper too much and then
the painter using some cheap PVA primer ?  That'll happen.  I've had really
poor results from PVA primer on drywall - no matter that it's always the
first recommendation from paint stores.

Karl