Re: [Shop-talk] Question on Dryway sanding / cleanup

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Question on Dryway sanding / cleanup
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:01:14 GMT
It may be more than you are looking to do, but I have seen some good results
with a textured surface...  Either a sprayed texture that is then knocked
down, or a patterned application where a trowel full of mud is applied with an
overlapping circular motion.
Matt

-- Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com> wrote:
eric@megageek.com wrote:
>> Any better methods for sanding?  Since we're starting with a painted
>> surface, I don't think the "screen" type abrasive cloths I've seen sold
>> for drywall work would work well.
>
> Have you tried an electric razor?  8>)

Haha.... no have not.  I think they're a little too coarse for that.
The wife has some  little battery powered shaver for removing lint-piles
from sweaters, but also not up to the task.

> Seriosuly, what are the fibers from?  Is it the paper of the sheet rock or
> an old wallpaper?

That's what I'm not sure of.  I wish I had some way to contact the
builder and ask him what the heck happened. It's like the bare drywall
paper surface got wet, and someone took a wire brush to it  :(

   -Wayne