Re: [Shop-talk] Question on Dryway sanding / cleanup

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Question on Dryway sanding / cleanup
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:39:43 -0500
eric@megageek.com wrote:
>> Any better methods for sanding?  Since we're starting with a painted
>> surface, I don't think the "screen" type abrasive cloths I've seen sold
>> for drywall work would work well.
>
> Have you tried an electric razor?  8>)

Haha.... no have not.  I think they're a little too coarse for that.
The wife has some  little battery powered shaver for removing lint-piles
from sweaters, but also not up to the task.

> Seriosuly, what are the fibers from?  Is it the paper of the sheet rock or
> an old wallpaper?

That's what I'm not sure of.  I wish I had some way to contact the
builder and ask him what the heck happened. It's like the bare drywall
paper surface got wet, and someone took a wire brush to it  :(

    -Wayne