Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)
From: ericm@lne.com
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:49:13 -0800
On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 10:30:45AM -0800, Shannah Miller wrote:

> A  cheerful "Hi Sweetie" when you see her feet
> appear can go a long way.  :)

Yea.  I always make sure to do that.  Well, if I am in the middle of
wrestling with the carbs on her bike, it might be "#&**&^$ carbs won't
*&%*&% go on!"  But I'll say something. :-)

I'm happy to explain what I'm working on, at least until
I get the glazed eyes look that says she's not as into it as I am.
She's a decent wrench and sometimes makes good suggestions
when I am stuck, which I greatly appreciate.

As far as money goes, we split stuff up into ours, hers and mine.
I don't tell her what to do with hers and she doesn't tell me
what to do with mine.  It works for us.  We've been together for 16
years and we still alternate who pays for 'dates'.

Eric