Re: [Shop-talk] Parts Washers

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Parts Washers
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:14:06 -0700
> If you are OK with ruining kitchen appliances, here is what
> really works:  Put the parts in the oven, and turn it up as
> high as it will go for a couple of hours.

My oven actually has a "self-cleaning" cycle which worked great for steel
parts.  But days later my XYL got home and noticed the house still smelled
"like a fire sale".

Fortunately, she always had a sense of humor about my "cooking car parts";
even laughed when she opened the oven one day to find a set of pistons being
heated (for wrist pin installation).

Randall