Re: [Shop-talk] Parts Washers

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Parts Washers
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:12:38 -0700 (PDT)
If you are OK with ruining kitchen appliances, here is
what really works:  Put the parts in the oven, and
turn it up as high as it will go for a couple of
hours.  When the fire department shows up, tell them
not to worry.

The crud will be cremated, and the remaining ash will
brush right off.

This is actually the preferred technique for cleaning
engine blocks, etc. during rebuilding.

Doug