RE: diesel generators

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: diesel generators
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:39:04 -0800
Do you have gas service out there?  Have you thought about going to a
>propane fired generator?

I'm south of Seattle and borrowed a gasoline fired 8000 Watt generator, but
will be buying my own soon.

We have natural gas at our home and I will be looking at a generator
conversion to natural gas, since that 8000 Watt generator was sucking down
about 5 gallons each day and many local gas stations were already out of gas
within a day or two.

I'd love to see a thread on how to tie a generator into the home electrical
system, as the four long extension cords I ran snaked through the house were
a pain to have underfoot.

Jack