RE: Frozen Lug nuts

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Frozen Lug nuts
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:34:03 -0700
> I keep waiting for someone to figure there's a special
> locking lug nut......

All of my locking lug nuts have been either a free-wheeling device or a
funny shape that you can't grab with an ordinary wrench/socket.

Are you saying there are some that just lock to the stud & refuse to turn ?

Even so, the solution remains the same : twist the stud off & replace it
with a new one.  A 6' length of 1" diameter iron pipe is only a few $$ at
Home Despot and slips right over a Crapsman breaker bar.  I used to use that
combination a lot on my motorhome lug nuts, which were supposed to be
torqued to something like 175 ftlb.  They would just laugh at my impact gun
... until I got a 1" drive impact gun <g>

Randall