Re: Frozen Lug nuts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frozen Lug nuts
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:44:25 -0400
Michael Godley wrote:
> Went to get new rear tires on my Jeep (94 Grand Cherokee) and they
 >(NTB) could not get the wheels off as one lug nut on each side defied
 > their most powerful air guns and hand wrenches.

Weird.  I thought NTB was out of business.  Hmm, looking at their web
site, it now lists "Tire Kingdom" stores.  Weird.

I'd suggest using a bigger wrench;  at a different vendor if necessary.
  Got any place around that semi trucks or locomotives ;)  You will
either get the lug off, or snap the stud.  Either way, you should
replace the stud since it's been stressed too hard already.  Who
tightened them to this state, anyway?

   -Wayne