Re: Frozen Lug nuts

To: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frozen Lug nuts
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:44:29 -0700 (PDT)
The drilling-a-hole thing sounds like a good
idea, but be sure to also soak the nut-to-wheel
joint.

But first try tightening the nut (as hard
as you tried loosening it) and then loosening it.

I recently had an awful time getting off
a decent size nut on my '31 Ford front axle,
and after days of PB Blaster, breaker bar, impact
wrench, and
heat, the tighten/loosen trick finally did it.

Doug