Tire rotation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire rotation
From: "Allen Hefner" <ajhsys@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 09:26:38 -0400
I remember in the old days, when radial tires first came out, that you
should always keep the same tires on each side of the car when rotating
them.  Left side front to rear and rear to front...right side F to R and R
to F.  You didn't do the old RF to LR, LF to RR, RR to RF and LR to LF,
which was the prefered method for bias ply tires.

The owners manuals for the Lincoln and Mercury's I now sell explain tire
rotation the old way.  Should modern radials be swapped side to side during
rotation?  I am not talking about directional performance tires, just plain
old all weather tires.  Any web references would be appreciated.

Thanx!

Allen Hefner
Norristown  PA