Light-duty oxy-gas setup?

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:56:14 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

While working on my Model A, I have some tasks that
require a torch, such as:

Heating steel rivets red hot to set them.
A bit of blacksmith-type work on a bit of bent frame.
Possibly shrinking some body sheet metal.

I'm pretty sure that my ordinary propane torch isn't
adequate for these tasks, but I would rather not have
to get a full oxy-acetylene setup.

(I doubt I will need to do actual gas welding, since I
already have a MIG setup w/ argon.)

I have seen a Bernz-O-Matic MAPP/Oxygen set for $49.95
that uses disposable oxygen and gas cylinders. Has
anyone tried one of these?  Would I find it pathetic?
How long do those 1 CF disposable oxygen cylinders (at
$9 each) last?

I could also get the $239.99 HF mini-oxy-acetylene
setup, I guess.  It has a 10 cf acetylene cylinder and
a 20 cf oxy cylinder. Is it any good?  How much might
it cost to fill those cylinders?

Any advice would be welcome!

Doug