Re: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>,
Subject: Re: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:13:55 -0800
At 12:56 PM 3/24/2006, Doug Braun wrote:
>I could also get the $239.99 HF mini-oxy-acetylene
>setup, I guess.  It has a 10 cf acetylene cylinder and
>a 20 cf oxy cylinder. Is it any good?  How much might
>it cost to fill those cylinders?

  I would go for a full o/a setup rather than the map gas but that is
me. Map with Oxygen should work for you on a small scale but I assume
you will find it lacking in the long term.

   Watch out and make sure you can get the HF tanks filled
locally.  I purchased a set a few years ago and took the tanks to my
local welding shop and he took my tanks and said no problem, 7-10
days fill time.  Basically any tank he does not own he sent out for
filling down in L.A. if it was his tanks then he just swapped them
out when you brought em in for re-filling.   Both welding shops in
town worked the same way.  Can't say anything about the HF quality,
it seemed fine to play with but never got gas for it.

   It was worth it to me to take back the HF kit, and buy the whole
thing from him, came out to about $50 more but its his tanks, I just
walk in with a empty and walk back out with a full tank, trust me on
Friday night with a lot of welding to do over the weekend or on
Saturday morning when you realize you forgot to shut off the oxygen
bottle last time and it must have a very slow leak, its wonderful to
walk in and out with refills.

  Mike

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer       mikey@b2systems.com