Re: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?
From: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:04:26 -0800
Doug,

Don't waste your time with the mapp gas setup - when you got to heat
stuff up to
"forging temperature" in a timely fashion, you should go with an oxy
acetylene set

I haven't looked in a HF catalog for a while (Sacriledge! - I've been
busy doing photo stuff,
but I digress) - is the rig they offer a "standard" one
(gauges/hoses/nozzles by Harris or  Victor)?  I've got one
of these smaller rigs, victor I think,with half hour botles, and its
worked fine for what I've needed to do.
(some welding, bending, cutting, heating up stuff so I could bang it
back into place, etc.,.).  There are a couple of
advantages to these smaller sets - they're a lot easier to store and the
bottles are a bit easier to deal with
(I dragged home my last set in my MR2 - can't do that with the big argon
bottle on my TIG welder...).

Good Luck,

rkg
(Richard George)