Re: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?

To: "Shop-Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Light-duty oxy-gas setup?
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:23:17 -0600
Buying standard-sized tanks from the local welding supply will also cost far
less over time because the charge to fill a set of small cylinders isn't
much less than for, say, a 125 cu.ft (about 4' tall). oxygen cylinder and
the corresponding size acetylene cylinder.  And if you exchange them at
least every year or two you'll avoid the DOT pressure testing charge that
you will indeed get to pay on your own small cylinders.  The larger ones are
admittedly a little more effort to throw in the back of the truck or trunk
of the car, but that weightlifting can save you some $$.

Karl

> At 12:56 PM 3/24/2006, Doug Braun wrote:
> >I could also get the $239.99 HF mini-oxy-acetylene
> >setup, I guess.  It has a 10 cf acetylene cylinder and
> >a 20 cf oxy cylinder. Is it any good?  How much might
> >it cost to fill those cylinders?
<snip>