Re: Parking Lifts

To: "Larry Spector" <lspector@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Parking Lifts
From: "Trevor Boicey" <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:18:50 -0500 (EST)
> The question I have is why go with a home use "parking lift" (Backyard
> Buddy, etc.), instead of a 4-post service lift (Bend-Pak, Rotary,
> etc.)? From what I've seen, pricing is competitive, with a Bend-Pak
> HD-9 going for $2450-$2920 delivered vs. a BB 7000# lift at $4200 +
> shipping. Is it just capacity difference, or is there something else
> I'm missing?

  You can get a used commercial lift very very cheaply with a few phone
calls. I turned down a few commercial lifts for around $1500cdn locally,
ended up paying $5000cdn for the one I bought.

  The problem, at least for me, was that the commercial lifts are very
wide. The parking lifts take one garage bay, the commercial lifts are at
least six feet wider. Gives more room to walk around and work but blocks
a parking spot so was a no-go.