Re: Battery storage

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>;, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery storage
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:20:50 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

We just keep the in the original packaging in one of the kitchen counter
drawers; it's the "battery" drawer.  Used to keep them in the fridge in the
crisper, but I couldn't see where it kept them fresh any longer (or
crisper).    I DID have a couple of spare AAs in my brief case that were
supposed to be good thorough 2009, but last week when I put them in my
clock at work (one after the other) they both died after an hour.  They
weren't a major brand, I do remember that.

Speaking of AA batteries in the briefcase, they are (were) for my Mini Mag
light.  Have you guys seen the LED conversion? About nine bucks, less if
you can find it without the tail cap push button.

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=110&PHPSESSID=918f6a58fa0824d31a4659652b26b10b

Available at REI, Fry's and a bunch of other places.  Battery life is
allegedly about the same but the LED lamps should last forever, and the
light is whiter.  You lose your focus adjustment, though.

Dave C