RE: Battery storage

To: "Steven Trovato" <strovato@optonline.net>,
Subject: RE: Battery storage
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:16:53 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

Guess I missed something, Steve, what's wrong with just leaving them in their
original package until you need them ?

I buy the big multi-packs at Home Depot (which makes the cost per cell much
less) then keep them in a drawer still in the original package (with perhaps
some of the paper trimmed away).

>From what I've heard, the refrigerator trick was useful with the old cells that
had a fairly short shelf life.  Keeping them cold would slow the parasitic
current flow that killed the cells on the shelf.  But current manufacture  cells
last so long that it's not worth the effort.  Last batch of AA I bought has a
"best by" date of 2012 ... I doubt any of them will make it through 2006.

Randall