RE: LED "Shake" flashlights

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: LED "Shake" flashlights
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 07:56:35 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

> Switch to a light that uses 3V lithium (123) batteries - 10 year
> storage lifespan.

Good idea, thanks for the tip.

But IMO there's something to be said for checking it out every year anyway, and
replacing batteries every few years isn't that onerous.  Besides I've got this
really nice 5D Mag Lite with the same counterweight the police used to use, and
it does get used from time to time since it's located where I can find it in the
dark and without making any noise ... since I have small children in the house I
don't like keeping guns easily accessible.

Randall