RE: quickie elect. question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: quickie elect. question
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:32:00 -0400
Steven Trovato wrote:
> I don't think there is any reason a fridge should leak to
> ground.  I think GFCI's have a bit higher risk of tripping...
> I know my GFCI breakers will trip in a major thunderstorm
> once in a while.  You don't put the fridge on the GFCI
> because you don't want to lose a ton of food if the thing
> decides to trip when you're not home.

I think that the refriger is also more likely to trip a GFCI due to the
higher current draw during the compressor start-up.  I know that

My air compressor that would trip a GFCI protected circuit during
start-up.  Separate circuit and no problems, and there is no shorts in
my air compressor...

Tim Mullen