quickie elect. question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: quickie elect. question
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:13:42 -0700
   I have to redo my bathroom and this old house is wired with 2 wire plugs
everywhere and no grounds.  Plans are to rewire the house someday in the
not distant future but right now termites have me doing the bath.  I was
thinking of re-wiring the bathroom while there is no drywall on it with
3-prong plugs.  Can I run the ground wire to one of the many water lines in
that wall and at least get a ground so I can legally put in 3prong plugs
?  At the same I can run romex up to the attic to I can do a proper 3 wire
when we redo the rest of the house wiring later this year but I thought
maybe by going to a water pipe I could avoid pulling that drywall off later.

        Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/