Re: Workshop Floor

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Workshop Floor
From: "Tom Bott" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:12:11 -0500
Thanks to all of you who jumped in with ideas, suggestions, etc.  concerning
my idea for a wood shop floor over gravel.  I would prefer concrete but I have
never attempted a concrete slab project.  Yes, the base cost of concrete is
only slightly more than wood, but I know I can deal with the wood myself.  The
added cost of someone else finishing the slab including the fact that the
concrete would have to be buggyed 100+ feet does make wood considerably less.
I believe it was Keith who said I wouldn't be happy with anything other than
concrete and I respect that.  I also did a quick web search for "soil cement"
and found a number of hits on the subject.  May want to research it further.

Thanks again,   Tom