workshop floor

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: workshop floor
From: "Tom Bott" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:20:02 -0500
Hi Folks,  I would like your 2 cents worth on my money saving idea please.
(I'm basically cheap).  I live in north florida and am considering a steel
building for my backyard workshop.  I do not have a slab to place it on and I
have been thinking about a wood floor due to the high cost of concrete.  Could
I get away with after the building is erected, put down several inches of
gravel (with landscape fabric underneath it to try and keep the gravel from
imbedding in the dirt and then using pressure treated 2x4's for floor joists
and 3/4 inch pt plywood for the floor?  would this last 20 years or so?

Thanks,  Tom