Re: welders MIG vs. TIG

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: welders MIG vs. TIG
From: "William M. Gilroy" <w.lists@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:03:05 -0500
On Wednesday 29 December 2004 04:00 pm, Mike Rambour wrote:
>    First, let me say I don't weld often enough so I am a lousy welder and I
> know that and I know it is because I don't practice enough.

I saw this this a couple of weeks ago and I thought it might be of interest to
you.

http://www.hotrodders.com/t27901.html

Here is the first post in the thread:

"Have any of you guys tried the Perfect Circle brand welding wire called
twenty Gauge? This is a JW HARRIS product which is an old and trusted outfit.
In all of my 32 years of welding I have never seen anything that even comes
close to this for welding light sheet metal. when the salesman first let me
try this wire I was amazed with what it will do. It is a .030 flux cored
welding wire that will weld body panels with ease. This wire uses c/25 gas
and is not to be confused with useless(or is that supposed to be gassless
wire)? This wire is supposed to weld down to .015 thick metal and up to .188
in one pass. I have tried it on body panels and I will never go back to
using .025 solid wire! As good as this wire is on thin panels they have two
sizes of wire that are even smaller that I have not tried yet. The bead is
very smooth and there is NO spatter. No I dont work for JW HARRIS I am just
really sold on this stuff and wanted to share it with you."

 I did buy a spool and I can say that it works better than regular MIG wire.
Go buy a spool and let us know if it help.  Stop me from blowing holes in
some sheet metal.  NFI, just a happy customer.

Bill Gilroy