RE: New Idea for flooring

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: New Idea for flooring
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:57:28 -0700
> > (Since I can get paid to take used tires.)
>
>Don't mean to sound a discouraging word, but there have been a lot of folks
>working for quite some time on finding uses for old tires, just as a means
>of getting rid of the tires.  Not a whole lot of success.
>
>Randall

The best uses I've seen for old tires include the rubberized asphalt that
they're putting down throughout the metro Phoenix area freeways, it's really
quiet to drive on.

For home user technology I've seen some pretty cool rammed earth houses
using old tires, dirt, and rebar. Makes for really thick, super insulating
walls and when covered with stucco you never know what's there. I don't know
if you could get it by your local building department, but if you had a
place out in the desert it would be great.

Don't think I'd want to try shredding tires at home though. I'd probably end
up spending 100k to complete a 5k project....

Cheers,

JM