Re: New Idea for flooring

To: <Eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New Idea for flooring
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:49:10 -0700
 <Eric@megageek.com> asks:
can I shred tires, melt 'em, and pour it out as a garage floor?

The shredding should be easy; they sell chipped tires for use as a resilient
surface for playgrounds.  And I recall that one of the sneaker manufacturers
did the same with used sneakers.  The melting could be kind of nasty, as the
tires will likely stink as they cook, and probably spew out some nasty
vapors as well.This sounds more like something to do in a potected space,
not some customers garage.  What about making up interlocking tiles, or
better yet a sheet that can be rolled and put down like carpet?

It sounds like a great idea: the best kind of recycling. Good luck, I'd like
to be one of your customers some day!

Mark Miller