New Idea for flooring

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Idea for flooring
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:21:12 -0400
At the risk of giving away an idea for shop flooring I present this
question to the list...

What if some was to get their hands on a large quanities of used tires,
removed the steel bead and the somehow chipped them up.

Then, takes the chips the melts them into a pourable consisantecy and
poured them on a concrete floor.

First, is this viable?
Second, how could I chip them up?  (I was thinking a large wood chipper.)
Third, how can I heat and pour the substance?

I was thinking about experimenting with this.  Any ideas?

If this worked, I would be interested in starting a business doing this as
a lowcost way to cover shop floors.  (Since I can get paid to take used
tires.)

Thanks.

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.