RE: "Goos Enough" but Good Value

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "Goos Enough" but Good Value
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:07:49 -0800
> When my Harbor Freight cheapie just makes noise, my Craftsman
> (made by Chicago Pneumatic, I think) removes the nut.  And there
> are other brands/models that can out-torque the Craftsman easily.

True, and at least some of them are sold by HF !  I have a high-torque
impact wrench from them that can twist off a 3/8" wheel stud if you try ...
which is exactly why you want a lower torque wrench for changing tires!

Then there's the 3/4" drive impact wrench from HF ($45 on sale) ... which I
haven't tried yet because I've yet to find a bolt or nut that the high
torque 1/2" drive one won't turn (or round <g>).

Randall