RE: "Goos Enough" but Good Value

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "Goos Enough" but Good Value
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:58:11 -0800
> I cant afford to buy all the best either, but every cheap tool I own
> reminds me that price is not the only consideration.

True, true.  OTOH, at least now you know how often you would use a buffer,
so you can better justify buying a good one next time.  The HF polisher I
bought last year hasn't been out of the box yet ...

Then too, if it's a cheap tool I don't feel bad about abusing it.  I fully
expected to burn up the $20 4" grinder I got at HF, but it just keeps on
making that g*dawful noise and doing it's job.  When I wanted an extra
tapped hole in the spindle (for mounting Ro-loc sanding discs), I just cut
one, knowing it was just a cheap tool.  If it had been a $150 Milwaukee, I
wouldn't have the extra hole !  Probably would've been a lot harder to drill
& tap too, I'll bet the Milwaukee has a harder spindle.

Randall