Re: Pouring a floor

To: Ron Schmittou <rs1121@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Pouring a floor
From: Martin Scarr <martins@efn.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:55:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Ron Schmittou wrote:

> A friend of mine recently acquired a nice workshop with his last property
> and the floor was the best I have seen - regular polished concrete but the
> sides of the floor are rounded up about 10 inches so there is a nice
> sweeping corner instead of the normal 90 degree transition of concrete floor
> to wall material of the building.  His has regular sheet-rock/insulated
> style walls, but since they are raised off the floor, they don't get banged
> up the same way, and when you spray out the shop it doesn't run under the
> wall.  I can't figure out how you could pour a slab to finish out this way,
> but I defiantly want to add this feature to my next shop.

It's done by stripping the inside wall form after the concrete has taken a
set and the inside radius is hand finished with an addition of a little
extra concrete to form the radius.  You can use bagged concrete with some
extra cement added for this radius work, as the rocks are smaller and it
will be easier to screed with a radius forming tool.

regards
Marty Scarr