RE: Pouring a floor

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pouring a floor
From: "John Gates" <jgates@tx3.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:34:53 -0700
I put a 36 x 48 slab in a metal building about 6 years ago.  All one piece,
no control joints or expansion joints, no rebar.  Used Fibermesh, adds about
$50 to a truck.  So far, no visible cracks.  Been thru a 6.3 earthquake.

Concrete likes to cure slowly, so close up the building and let the humidity
build up in there, just so long as it doesn't get too hot.  Keep the sun off
the stuff.  Unless you use an early cure, I think it takes 28 days or so for
full cure.

Thought about coating it?  Its worth it.

John Gates
Enumclaw, WA