Re: Oxy Acetylene Torches

To: kturk@ala.net
Subject: Re: Oxy Acetylene Torches
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:23:44 -0700
Keith,

Sounds like good advice.  I've been considering an oxy/acetylene setup
too,
but had been thinking more in terms of a Port-A-Torch because they're
fairly
inexpensive and portable.  I don't anticipate a lot of use and I don't
have the
room in my garage to store a setup that includes a couple of  large heavy
tanks.

What do you suggest looking for, or more precisely what to avoid,
especially if
it's something that might need refurbishing?  And what do you mean by
cheap.

Can the tanks be rented/leased and if so, does that make sense?

Also the Q-size tanks sound like a good compromise.  What do you think?

Roland