Re: Air Compressors -- Blast Cabinets

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Air Compressors -- Blast Cabinets
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:20:44 -0400
Quoting Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>:

> > > Did you build the blast cabinet from the tptools.com plans?
>
>    Don,
>
>   Yes, I did.  Exactly the size I wanted/needed and it works far better
> than I expected.  I was a little concerned about it holding up to fairly
> regular use but its doing very well.   Big advantage of building it
> yourself is making it the size you need and putting doors on both ends :)
>
>    Mike

FWIW, I installed a sheet of 'resist' material across the back wall when I
built blast cabinets from plywood. This is a rubbery material about 1/8" thick
used to make stencils when blasting designs onto glass. IIRC, TPtools sells
this item also. Helps to protect the back wall of the cabinet from stray blasts.

Eric